- Class is 6 hours for full certification and 4 hours for
- Students receive a Traffic Control Flagger Certification Handbook
(yours to keep and reference on the job).
- Students take an open book test at the end of the class and must score a minimum of 80%.
- Upon completion you will receive a Flagger Certification Card good for 3 years in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and
- Upon completion you will also receive a National flagging card accepted anywhere in the US with the exception of Washington and
- Students must be at least 18 years of age and show a valid government issued photo ID card.
Flagger Training Course Requirements
To complete the Flagger Certification Training Course, you
physically able to do following tasks:
- Receive and communicate specific instructions clearly, firmly, and courteously.
- Move and maneuver quickly.
- Control signaling devices, such as paddles.
- Understand and apply safe traffic-control practices.
- Recognize dangerous traffic situations and warn workers.
- Stand for prolonged periods on uneven surfaces.
- Traverse uneven surfaces and terrain.
- Stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- See dangerous situations and respond quickly.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Receive, understand, and take positive appropriate action based on information/instructions presented verbally and/or in